Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Lourve...Barely!

I didn't mention that we were going to try to go to the Louvre after seeing Versailles. We didn't get back in time to make it. Bud and I went into the Lourve at 5:10pm that evening but we would have had until 6 pm to see it and people were pouring out of the rooms so we would have been like fish swimming upstream through the people streaming out. So we thought we will come in the am. We did come in the am and there was a long long long line waiting to get in. We got in line and it took 2 hours to get into the Lourve. Because of the stress Bud decided not to go in so he went to Starbucks and I went in. We had to be back at the hotel by 11:30am to check out! It was 10am by the time I got tickets and headed for the next floor to see the Mona Lisa. She was in a room as far back as you can go!!! I shot pictures as I went down the halls. I passed a picture of the Nativity and told myself to take a picture of it before I left that room but I didn't listen to myself and when I walked out, there was a no entry sign saying I couldn't go back into that room. Sad!!!! But I pushed on and finally, the Mona Lisa!!! There were lots of people in front of it, but I made my way slowly to the front and snapped picture after picture!!! Wow!! It was so neat and great and wonderful to stand there and see that picture. How many times have I heard people talk about her like she is alive? Anyway, check off an item on my Bucket List!











I know what you are thinking, all that running around and staying in line for two hours, not worth it! But it was, she was!!!! o happy I made it there to see her! Mona Lsa you afre beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment