Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Leaning Tower of Pisa






Said Big Ben to the Leaning Tower of Pisa; "If you have the inclination, I have the time".

Levanto was in our rear view mirror right after breakfast at Hotel Dora. We had lots to see today so we had an early start, well is 8:30am early? We pulled into Pisa a couple hours later and had to park the car out of town and walk in. It was about 102 degrees. The town is very cute and how it holds all those tourists I do not know. But when you go through the gate and see that beautiful church with the Leaning Tower of Pisa right there in front of you it kind of takes your breath away. It is so very beautiful and inspiring. I understand it is just a bell tower built in competition with Florence, but that does not take away from its beauty. We walked around and shopped for post cards took some pictures and went into the church. I know I do and will use the word beautiful too many times, but everything I see, every church, monument, building,painting, sculpture, is beautiful. My son and husband took beautiful pictures so I will put them on tomorrow. They are in bed already!

No comments:

Post a Comment