Saturday, May 9, 2015

Beaver, Utah The Surprise!!!

I'm at We woke up this morning and boy did we get a surprise! At 6:36am, Bud got out of bed and went to the window to check out the weather, like he does every morning. He said look at this, snow! Of course I thought he was kidding,?and I said no way! I got out of bed and walked over to the window and looked out and there was snow!!!
So Bud got dressed and went out to the car and cleaned it off. I got ready and we went down for breakfast and to look at a map and figure out which way to get to Oregon. I had listened to the weather on a Utah station and looked on weather.com and on the road I wanted to take, which was Highway 50 The Loneliest Road In America through Nevada. It was just suppose to rain. Bud talked with the Hotel clerk and she looked it up and she told him it was just suppose to rain and we talked with a couple to travelers in the breakfast room and they were trying to figure out where to go to. Bud and I thought we would try Hey 50 and if it was snowy we could turn around. So with Bud at the wheel we took off.
And pretty soon after driving maybe 10 or 15 minutes, snow was only on the very highest peaks and it was 42 degrees!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment