Monday, September 3, 2012

Bavern-Lake Maggiore-Italy

Then... our last day of vacation was upon us! So we had breakfast and then got in our car and drove to the pretty town of Stresa just 2 miles down the road. The town is so beautiful and has villas and shops and restaurants and gardens. It is also the town where you can catch a ferry to two of the Borromean Islands. So we parked the car in a pay carlot, which we had to figure out how to buy a ticket in a ticket machine which is of course in Italian. So thankful to the Italians that helped me without being able to speak English! We bought ferry tickets and we were off! Here are some pictures:









Then we went back to our hotel and had our pasta lunch under the umbrellas and then laid by the lake and read and slept! It was so perfect! That evening we walked to the little town of Ferrio just 1/4 mile up the road from us.




1 comment:

  1. As I try to find my way around Pittsburgh, I cannot even imagine how you found your way around all of these places! And you didn't even speak the language.
    That's it! I'm putting on my big girl pants! :)

    ReplyDelete