Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Washington the City Not the State-Covered Bridges

So while the grandchildren are in school, Misty and I are out touring the countryside and it is so darn pretty! The weather has been perfect! Tuesday evening we decided to leave right after the kids left for school! So we were out of here by 8:30am. We headed south of the freeway to the city of Washington. I know this is weird, they moved from Washington State and 20 minutes down the freeway is Washington. And Washington Township, has 21 or 22 covered bridges! And I LOVE covered bridges and Misty does too! First stop was the Tangier Outlet Mall. We were the first ones there, it was like a ghost town. We went into the Loft, I bought two tops, Misty bought some jeans, then Columbia Sportswear, I bought some shoes and two tops. Fun!!! Then we went to find ourselves some covered bridges. Misty had us guess how many bridges we thought we would see and I said 12 and I think she said 10. Well, the two women clerks in Columbia Sportswear told us to go to Mingo Creek Park. There were two covered bridges and she wrote down the directions. There was going to be a Covered Bridge Festival this weekend (which we will attend) so this is where lots of craft and food vendors will be. We found them without too much trouble and then we found two more and we thought, Oh Yeah, no problem we got em covered! (Get it? Covered!) So that is when it all fell apart! I couldn't find the bridge, I couldn't find the correct way to get to the bridge. I got the directions all out of sequence and there were no signs to tell us where the Day Bridge was. So were kept driving and trying different roads and it didn't work. So we gave up on that one and tried to find the Brownslee Bridge, missed that one, and we couldn't find the next two, that was my fault, I took us on the wrong road. This later part of the trip was a series of unfortunate events, all my wrong ways came together in one day! But Misty remained calm and collected made me laugh at myself instead of cry and we had to take off for home because we wanted to be there when Jackson and McKenna got home and we did!!!!!! Misty is an impressive driver on those backroads. She is able to turn around in the tightest of places and turn fast when I say oops we were suppose to go on that road! So tonight, we mapped out all the covered bridges that we missed today and we are going back on that horse and ride!!! Tomorrow we shall make goal!















No comments:

Post a Comment