Monday, September 3, 2012

Bavern-Lake Maggiore-Italy

Our Last supper in Italy! We walked into Ferrio again like we did the night before, for dinner. I wanted something different, so they had clams/prawn spaghetti on the menu so I ordered that. Bud ordered pizza. When my dinner came it looked wonderful. Bud peeled my prawn because it was a whole one. I took the clams out of the shells and then I ate the whole thing! Here are some pictures of our dinners:




Then we walked back to the hotel and packed our bags and read our books and then went to bed. We did not have to hurry in the morning because our flight wasn't till 12:20pm and we were only about 45 minutes from the airport. But we have learned many things about the Italians and I felt we needed to leave by 9am. So we had the free breakfast and said our goodbyes, we had paid the night before, the owner gave me the traditional kisses on the cheeks, I felt so loved!!! These are pictures of Bud saying goodbye to the Lake from our balcony:


We stopped off the Autostrada at a gas station, filled the tank, went into the airport and returned the car. Everything went so smoothly and we were through security by 11am. We stopped at McDonald's in the airport and I had a panna cotta with chocolate. What a way to go...

1 comment:

  1. I bet it was hard to leave such an amazing place. What a trip you all had! But I bet you were maybe looking forward just a little, to air conditioning and non-Italian food!

    ReplyDelete