Sunday, November 24, 2013

Blarney Castle and the Blarney Stone!

Talk about a Two Legends in One Spot! These two sights are on many Bucket Lists, including mine!!!

First Legend to Face: The Blarney Stone!

It is kinda scary and frightening to think as you climb very narrow rock steps that are in a tight circle five floors above the ground, that you are going to be held upside down to kiss the Blarney Stone!!! Bud and I were not even sure we were going to do it, but when we reached the top ramparts of the Blarney Castle, the older man that was holding each and every person, just called Bud over and told him to sit down and turn around so Bud's head would be at the Castle wall. He hung onto black steel bars and while the man held onto him Bud pulled himself down where his head was down with the Blarney Stone and he kissed it! The man helped Bud back up and then he told me to do the same, I did, but you know I was very scared!!! But he helped me and I did it! When he helped me up he told me to relax and then I was fine! Another man was taking our pictures as we kissed the Blarney Stone!

Tis there's the stone that whoever kisses

He never misses to grow eloquent


Tis he may clamber to a lady's chamber


Or become a member of Parliament


A noble spouter he'll sure turn out


An out and outer to be let alone


Don't try to hinder him or to bewilder him


for he is a pilgrim from the Blarney Stone


And I don't look scared do I?


Goal Met by Bud and Viki!!!!


The End!

Poem by Francis Sylvester Mahony































1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for going through with it, even if you were scared! You can't get all the way there and not kiss it! You look so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete