Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My Old Kentucky Home

This morning we got up to partly sunny skies and went and had our free breakfast at Quality Inn. I brung my own lactosse free milk and my Lucky Charms! Then I add a banana and a biscuit for my breakfast. Bud gets the scrambled eggs and sausage with biscuits and gravy. Then we leave to go see The house that inspired Stephen C Foster to write the song "My Okd Kentucky Home". It is in Bardstown, Kentucky.
This is the front of the house, we couldn't take pictures inside
Pictures of the grounds
Statue of Stephen Foster
The House is called Federal Hill by the many generations of family 
The  house was owned by John Rowan and he was a lawyer, judge and then Senator. He used this little log cabin as his Lawyers office
This was the kitchen, it was separate from the house. No running water!
The carriage house
Going back to Bardstown!

No comments:

Post a Comment