Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Going My Way? Amsterdam!

Leaving amazing England! It has been an amazing journey with its crazy ups and downs, but that is travel. That is putting yourself in unknown circumstances and situations that we cannot even guess at. Although I do before I leave home, try to guess what I can do to lessen those stresses. But I was right on some but there is nothing I can do to control things, and that is what puts adventure into traveling! So why do we do it? Why pay loads of money to fly loooong hours in a plane or train or car or bus? Why? For me I love people and their differences and their sameness and I love seeing why countries do different things. I love history and cultures and I love talking with people that can tell me why and how and where. But they do not tell me in words about their country or their history, they tell me by their actions, who they are, themselves! And I so enjoy the chats on the bus, train, gas stations, stores, hotels, restaurants, out of the streets asking for directions! So here we go again, the next part of our journey, spending the rest of our time in Europe with family and friends and I am so looking forward to it!!!


1 comment:

  1. Keep on keeping on! You're living life and that's what it's all about. Even when it's not easy sometimes. I really can't believe how fast the time is going. Enjoy this next leg of your journey!!

    ReplyDelete