Wednesday, December 25, 2013

On The Twelfth Night of Christmas My True Love Gave To Me: Christmas Day in Copenhagen and Malmo, Sweden!

Merry Christmas! I just want you all to know that I indeed was homesick on Christmas Eve and parts of Christmas Day! I was missing my families and my turkey dinner complete with mash potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, annd sweet potatoes. I was feeling kind of blue and just feeling older! When you travel with younger people, you realize how old one is getting and it just got to me. But I finally shook it off and had a great time! Malmo is beautiful and when you are around Travis the Entertainer, you can't feel blue for very long.

I thought I would catch you up on our stay in Copenhagen!

This is our room in the hostel. Kind of small and no TV. But the people here are very nice and international. There are younger and older people. Think of it as a room on a cruise ship, just the size!
But what the heck, we are in Copenhagen!
 We have a bathroom in our room but we had to pay 1.00DKK for each towel. There is no soap or shampoo, luckily I brought some! But it is quite affordable and heck we are in Copenhagen!!!!
We went down to breakfast about 9am and then put together our Christmas Tree!

Then we went up stairs, finished getting ready and then went to the train station and hopped on a train to Malmo, Sweden!














And then it came time to eat our Christmas Dinner! We all know what a special day it is and how special the food should be so I bet you are so curious as to what we had. I bet you are sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for that picture to show you what we chose to eat for our  Christmas Day Dinner in Copenhagen! The possibilities are endless you are thinking, so here it is,

the picture you have been waiting for

what could it possibly be...

This is our restaurant! Quite Scenic!!



Ok! Here is the picture of the Christmas Day Dinner in Malmo, Sweden!!!

TaDa!!!
I know what you are thinking, we have lost it because Bud and I each had this. I was craving mash potatoes and this was it!!! But it was the BEST hot dogs and mashed potatoes I have ever ever ever eaten and what the heck, we are in Copenhagen! Am I right Sir? Am I right Travis, Carleigh, Shannon and Chloe?

When we were back in our neighborhood, people were out in the streets milling around and more cafes, bars and fast food places were open and a few gift shops opened so we shopped all the way back to our Hostel! What a Christmas, What a Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas and God Bless Us Everyone!!! Pan out and ...Darkness!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all are having a great time. Keep good notes on Copenhagen, please, since we will be going in Sept. Bill and Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Bill! I will send you some ideas and tips! We are having a great time! So much to take in!!! Hope all is well with you two! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete