Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Sea by Brighton!

Luckily it wasn't raining today! We walked quite a bit and it would have been miserable. It was cloudy but the rain held off till around 4pm. There is a beautiful pier filled with fun places similar to Seaside. The ocean was a beautiful green!
Then we went onto the pier! We had to get donuts first though!
Then as we were walking on the pier towards the middle of the pier a few seagulls flew between Bud and I ate took the half of the donut that was in my had. One of them scratched my face as they flew over my shoulder but it didn't break the skin. I was in shock and so was the couple walking towards us!


 Now I hadn't bragged that we made it to Brighton Without one wrong turn, we did not get lost! So we were feeling pretty good pretty confident! So we got into Brighton followed the car park signs and asked 2 nice ladies how to pay for parking. They said to pay on the bus and that will take care of parking and the bus ride. So we ran up the little hill and sure enough for 4.60 pounds each we could ride any bus and park the car. So off we went. The day went well we saw the Pavilion, the Landing Shopping, and The Pier. About 2 pm Bud said he wanted to make sure we get back to Arundel before dark, so we headed back to the bus stop where we caught the bus. We got on the bus and Bud talked to the bus driver to make sure we were on the right bus and the bus driver didn't understand the question so Bud came up to the upper deck of the bus and we enjoyed the tour. Well about 45 minutes into the ride I went up and asked him if he was going to the car park and how many more stops, he sort of rolled his eyes and I sat down. Well after the last stop he came back to us and he said he finally understood us and he was going to the car park but it would take 50 minutes. We should have crossed the street to catch the bus back to the car park. Yes you have guessed right, it was dark when we get back to the car. Well I get us out of the car park but turn the wrong way on the main street. We go down to the center of town, which was the last thing we wanted to do!! Stressful!!! Bud turns the right way kind of accidentally thinking logically and we find our way out because we found the A27 sign. So we got back to the hotel at about 5:30pm which wasn't too bad!!! We have decided not to go to London tomorrow! We are going to hang out here and do our packing and I am going to mail the souvenirs that I have bought so far back to the states. I can only have 45 pounds for the flight to Amsterdam and I do not want to carry all of that weight for 2 1/2 weeks!!! And we had that delicious lasagna for dinner and we have been watching game show. Bud is now asleep and pretty soon I will be reading my Christmas Novel :) Goodnight and Sweet Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment