Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Inverness Scotland to Edinburgh Scotland

What is 150 miles to drive in one day? No problem right...wrong! We didn't leave the B&B till 10am and it gets dark at 4pm so we are in trouble before we leave there driveway! In fact I was in trouble before I left the house because I left one of my toiletries, 6 pair of clean underwear (luckily clean) and my jeans and my hair dryer in a plastic bag by the desk that we were at to pay for our stay :( John is going to mail it to a hotel we will be staying at in 5 days. So they suggested we walk along a pebbly beach before we left Dores but when we went down to Loch Ness, it was raining so hard we could barely see the Loch and we could barely see the Loch Ness Marker and it would have been a miracle to see Nessie the Loch Ness Monster! So we stayed in the car and took pictures out the window!

This is the scenery we saw as we headed south towards Edinburgh!















Then we came to Blair, Scotland. This is the town that has Blair Castle in it! I wish we would have driving through Blair because it sits at the base of the Castle. We saw it as we drove down the highway and the town and Castle looked so very beautiful!!!But the shops right off the highway were fun to shop in but I would have rather shopped in the little town, I just didn't know about it!!









There were several shops but these pictures were from just one of them! And I didn't take pictures of the whole store, my phone camera went dead!!


No comments:

Post a Comment