Monday, December 30, 2013

Trychelzuge Tradition on New Year's Morning!

I rarely Blog in the morning but Bud and I experienced a tradition in this region, Bernese Oberland, that needs to be seen by you! We just happen to wake up at 6:00am and 6:30am respectively! Now all night just scross the way snowmaking machines line the ski slopes and make snow all night long. Pretty noisey! I am not sure I could handle it if I lived right near it. But anyway, the noise got louder and louder and louder, sort  of like an unbalance wash machine! Very Very Very Loud! So I get out of bed and look out upon the very very very dark streets of this little town and what should my wandering eyes see, a column of marchers carrying huge I mean huge cow bells! They are strapped to a straight rod and two huge bells hand on each side of each man!



Then they stop off at our little restaurant owned by Joseph and his family and they group of men sing!






And an hour later when the sunrises over the little town, they are still singing and ringing the bells and playing the drums!
These traditions are so fun to be surprised by!!! What a wonderful, if noisey, way to be awakened on New Years Morn!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment