Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Quiet Day! I didn't Want To Get Off The Motorway (Freeway)

Yesterday was a tough day of driving! It really wasn't that far from Stratford to Loxton. About 138 miles. But we went from Stratford Upon Avon to Warwick, 8 miles apart. Saw part of the Castle. They wanted us to pay 10.00pounds but we really didn't have time to see it properly. We could have seen it if we had driven around the very large block. But we had stayed too long in Stratford and paid for it mightily. I should have talked myself out of seeing Warwick Castle! That would have been a very good decision, but oh no I had to see it. Anyway, we drive thru two roundabouts and I do not see the A46 south, I see A46 north so we accidentally go north, have to take the exit and head across the bridge, a small bridge. When we are going off the bridge I turned around and saw the entrance to the A46 south. But the sun was shining in our eyes and made it difficult for us to see. So Bud pulled over and we sat until the sun went down about 20 minutes. Then we tried it again and made the A46 south and so it was alright after that cause we got on the M5 motorway all the way down! By 5:30pm we took the exit for our hotel and thinking no problem it is a Best Western it will be easy to find. NOT! We drove down skinny streets thinking to ourselves we are on the wrong road. We were on the right one and we finally got there!!! At 6pm! Checked in and went to our room and chilled! Later that night at about 9pm, I went and ate a baked potato with chicken and cheese! I worked on my blog and then at 12:30am when I couldn't keep my eyes open, I slept!

Our hotel this morning since it was dark when we got there

We had breakfast in the morning!
All evening long I said to myself "You will not get off the M5, you will not get off the M5, you will not get lost again!!! I con't care what there is to see!" So we missed out first turn off, turned around got it and then missed out second turn went back and got it! We finally drove onto the M5 and zoom off we went and we didn't get lost!
We made it into Lydford and found our B&B by asking directions at a little diner! Check in was not till 4pm and it was only 12:30p so we decided to go into Tavistock about 7 miles away. On the 386 to and from pretty easy right? It was a nice sized town and we parked at the end of town.
The pictures above and the one below show the flea market we went to in Tavistock! So fun!!!
Then we went back outside to look for lunch!
We decided to have a Pastie for lunch! I had chicken and vegetable and Bud had pork and apple. They came with a small salad and coleslaw!

We left Tavistock at 3:30p because we wanted to get to the B&B by 4pm. Since we dropped down in Southern England it stays light until 4:40pm. Tomorrow we will drive to Penzance! I have wanted to go there since the 1980's when Linda Ronstat was in the play "Pirates of Penzance" and "The Pirate Movie"! There is a Motorway which we will get on to go down there!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is cute don't get me wrong, but there are towns around in the area that are cuter! I am glad we are staying three days so we can see the cute villages. We shopped on the two main streets yesterday and I hope to shop tomorrow afternoon and take more pictures!

      Delete