Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pirates of Penzance and The Pirate Movie

I don't know how many of you are really affected by movies. I am one of those that are, happy, sad, scary, dramatic, comedies, any kind of movie or tv show or tv series affects me terribly. That is why I try to watch only happy movies. I mean I can take some sadness, I don't like it when people die unless of course it is a murder mystery and it wouldn't be a murder mystery unless someone dies. But I don't want the death to be long or lengthy or graphic. The words that explain that death would be "And then he died". Then the rest of the show could deal with finding the murderer and bringing them to justice! So this was a long explanation of the play or movie called "The Pirates of Penzance and the movie "The Pirate Movie". Both of these came out into cable TV back in the 80's and so I saw them AND LOVED THEM BOTH!!! I know that they were considered bombs but I really enjoyed then and watched them over and over and over again. So I have been curious about Penzance Englad since then.




This is the Bay front, part of the town is in the background.
This is also the bay front.




But yes something is missing in all these pictures of the water. Can you spot the missing items? Thinking, processing and bingo...no pirate ships or pirates!!! I am so dissapointed...

This is a peek at the town, still without Pirates!






And this was a item in a charity shop (thrift store) to show me how small the world really is! No it is not a pirate but it does start with the letter "p". This is a souvenir spoon from guess where, hey you looked, no fair! It is from Pennsylvania!!! Weird huh????

This is a picture of our hotel room in The Hotel Penzance!
This is the view we see from our room!




And then there is a free afternoon tea. Not a full tea but tea or coffee and small little wonderful desserts: small scones with raspberry and clotted cream, small bites of carrot cake with a smidgeon cream cheese frosting and then a brownie with chocolate frosting, just a bite! But if you eat enough of them...just kidding!!!




And then we had dinner! I bet you are thinking fish n chips, bangers and mash, pasties, none of the above, we had Domino Pizza! I know weird huh, but it was delicious! We walked into town and that sounded good, but we stuck with the British theme, we had British Bacon (Canadian Bacon) and pineapple!

And then we got up this morning and had a delicious breakfast that started out with Muelsi Cereal and then we had French Toast with a creme fraiche sauce and blackberry compote.
And then there is a hotel cat, he was born here! Jerry is his name. His brother Tom get too old to stay here anymore so he lives at home!
We are here for 3 nights which will be nice!



















No comments:

Post a Comment