Thursday, August 2, 2012

Capri-A Little Bit of Heaven






We took the ferry out of Sorrento and it only takes about 40 minutes to cross to Capri. The Isle of Capri is know for the Blue Grotto but we won't be doing that we just want to see the island and swim in the Mediteranean Sea. The weather is hot...as usual but there is a breeze. We get off the ferry and decide to climb the hill to the town of Capri and mail some M&M's to a friend of Carleigh's and Travis' in Vienna.We have been looking for a post office since the trip first started but it is difficult to find a post office in a different language.Also time constraints, I packed so much into what to see I didn't leave time for much else, luckily I left time for eating! We in the United States are spoiled by how many ways we can mail a package buy food in so many grocery stores and find fast food almost anywhere. Not so much in foreign countries. It set off us on an adventure! I wanted to go on the Funicular but no one understood me so up we climbed the stairs and more stairs and more stairs and more stairs and more stairs, it was :( but amazing at the same time. I kinda wanted to go up the stairs but it was difficult. Once was enough let me tell you!!! At the post office they didn't have boxes or anything to mail packages with. So Bud and I went to two stores before we found a box to mail the M&M's with. I stayed and shopped at the store and Bud took the box to the Post Office for Carleigh. And I had to buy from the girl there because she was so nice to give us a box right? :) So I bought a tile that was a picture of Capri! Carleigh was able to mail the package just before it closed, we didn't have a heart attack and we shopped and had lunch up there! Great time and it was beautiful. Then we took the Funicular down. The Funicular is like a train that takes passengers straight up the hill and then takes passengers straight down the hill. It was alot easier on the body!!! Then we found a beach!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of work for chocolate covered peanuts! But what an adventure- swimming on a gorgeous island!

    ReplyDelete