Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jerusalem-First Day-Kibbutz & The Sea of Galilee

I know that word Kibbutz is a curiosity? I admit I didn't know what it meant either. I got it mixed up with a kibitz. Oh you don't know what that word mans either? Mmmmm... Well a kibitz (kibitzer) is to look on and offer unwanted usually meddlesome advice to others or a chat. I know what you are thinking, no I was never called a kibitzer, well not to my face anyway, most likely behind my back! But anyway, I had heard different people use that word so that is what I first thought. But our guide, Moishe, said we were going to eat lunch at a Kibbutz so he told us what is is. It is a commune of sorts People live close together so they can share the work and food on a farm. Kibbutz are agricultural communes. We had a delightful and delicious lunch right on the Sea of Galilee! And by the time we got there about 1:30pm we were all STARVED!!!!!!!




And after lunch can you guess what we did? It has to do with the Sea of Galilee. We touched it!





No comments:

Post a Comment