Saturday, August 18, 2012

First Stop-Patmos Greece






St John, one of Jesus' disciples, wrote Revelations from Patmos. We took a shore excursion and we went to the Cave of the Apocalypse where John wrote the Book of Revelations. We were able to touch where John reached out and held on to a handle in the wall that helped him get up from a prayerful posture. I almost missed the chance to touch it (because I didn't want to get into trouble for touching it) If it wasn't for Travis I would have kept walking but he came up to me and told me t touch it so I did! Thank you Travis it was so awesome to touch something that St John touched around 100AD! John wrote the Book of Revelations after he received a vision from Jesus. We couldn't take pictures inside but here are some pictures from the outside area.

2 comments:

  1. You can always count on Travis to make you do whatever it is you're too nervous to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be motivated sometimes, I just don't want to get into trouble!

    ReplyDelete